Friday 3 April 2015

How i clean my make up brushes

   Every Thursday for me is the much dreaded weekly make up brush cleaning,  I try to wash my face brushes weekly because I use them the most and they get the dirtiest. I thought I would share with you how I clean them.



   I have been using Johnstons baby shampoo for the last few years to clean my brushes but I found recently it did not thoroughly clean my brushes. I was in the hunt for a new cleaner, and I came across the Johnstons baby shampoo with camomile which was also on offer at buy one get one free (an offer I could not refuse). I think is cost me €3.45 which was a steal!

   I start buy putting of dot of the shampoo on the palm of my hand (only a pea sized amount) and I swirl the brush in my hand trying to get as much make up off the brush as I can, I keep repeating this step until all the make up I can visibly see has come off. I then rinse the brush under the tap or in basin of water until there is no make up and shampoo left on the brush. I leave them to dry naturally overnight or as long as they need to dry.

   I've also found from using this shampoo the bristles on the brushes are lot more softer and the make up comes off the brushes very easy with it.


What products do you use to wash your make up brushes?

Ashling x







No comments:

Post a Comment

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...